Saturday 2 April 2011

Review: My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent

My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2)My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


My Soul to Save is the sequel to My Soul to Take, and picks up a few weeks after the end of the first book. Kaylee is now living with her dad and trying to re-adjust to having him in her life again. She is also having how-to-be-a-banshee lessons with Harmony, and Kaylee and Nash are spending more and more time together.


While Kaylee and Nash are at a pop concert Eden, the star suddenly drops dead on stage without any warning- and without Kaylee screaming. They discover a corrupt corporate media production company who are selling girl's souls in exchange for their success, and it is up to Kaylee, Nash and Tod to prevent it from happening again. I liked this book a little better than the first one, and loved the action and the drama. There was also a little mystery and suspense and twists and turns just like in the first book. There was a slightly different storyline in this book, and Kaylee discovers a lot more that she can do with her powers. We venture with Kaylee and Nash into a dangerous alternate realm- the Netherworld- that had only been briefly mentioned in the first book. They are determined to try and handle everything themselves, and manage to get themselves into all kinds of situations- often putting themselves at risk. Kaylee is desperate to protect her new friends and save their souls, and Nash is desperate to protect Kaylee. My favourite character is still Tod, and the dynamic between the two brothers is great.


I think I'm really warming up to this series and want to read the next one now!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva