Saturday 2 July 2011

Reading Challenges: Progress halfway through the year

June is over, we are half-way through the year now- I thought I'd check up on my progress through my reading challenges.  Links take you to my reviews.
I signed up for 5 reading challenges this year:

The Vampire Challenge hosted by Parajunkee
Read 20 books with a vampire as a main character.

4 / 20 books. 20% done!

I'm not doing very well at this so far, but I still really want to read the Morganville Vampires series, so maybe I will catch up!




Out For Blood by Alyxandra Harvey
Afterlife by Claudia Gray
Defiance by Lili St.Crow
Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel


The Shifter Challenge hosted by Parajunkee
Read 20 books with a werewolf or shifter as the main character.

6 / 20 books. 30% done!

Hmm... I'm not doing very well at this one either, but at some point I want to read the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs, and the Shifter series by Rachel Vincent. I really need to get cracking on these if I want to complete the challenge!

Raised By Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
The Lost Saint by Bree Despain
Defiance by Lili St.Crow
The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong
Trial By Fire by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

The Debut Author Challenge hosted by The Story Siren.
Read 12 YA books by a debut author.


10 / 12 books. 83% done!

Ok- at least I'm nearly there with at least one of them! There have been some absolutely stunning debut novels this year. This is what I've read for this challenge so far-


Across The Universe by Beth Revis
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
Entangled by Cat Clarke
Lost Voices by Sarah Porter
Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton
The Body Finder by Kimberley Derting
Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney
Hereafter by Tara Hudson
Dead Beautiful by Yvonne Woon
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

Dystopia Challenge hosted by BA Reading Challenges
Read 15 dystopian or post apocalyptic books.

11 / 15 words. 73% done!







Across The Universe by Beth Revis
Pastworld by Ian Beck
Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder
0.4 by Mike Lancaster
Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning
Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Outside In by Maria V. Snyder
Matched by Ally Condie
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
Divergent by Veronica Roth

The Ebook Challenge hosted by The Ladybug Reads
Read 12 books on the kindle

9 / 12 books. 75% done!


I get most of the books I read through the library, however, I challenged myself to read at least one book a month on the kindle. I'm actually ahead on this challenge, and there are more books to come!

Lost Voices by Sarah Porter
The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell
A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn
Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning
Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning
Faefever by Karen Marie Moning
Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning
Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning
Hereafter by Tara Hudson

I've still got a way to go, but it could still be achievable! However, at the end of the day, I read for fun and I only read what what I want and when I want. If I don't manage to complete any of these challenges it won't be the end of the world!

 Ebook Challenge

Dystopian Challenge

Debut Author Challenge

Shifter Challenge

Vampire Challenge

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I really like your blog and have chosen u for my award. Check it out:
    http://penelopeworldofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/i-heart-books-wins-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva