Wednesday 17 August 2011

Waiting On Wednesday #7

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, where we can drool over all those books that we are dying to read that aren't out yet.
I am waiting on The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting (Book 3 in the Body Finder series) because I have absolutely loved all the books so far. I love these characters, Violet's unique powers, and the way that the mystery is set up and that the story is never what you expect. It's also great that each book is a self-contained story (no cliff-hangers!), and so I'm waiting and dying to get my hands on this next book not because I want to know what happens next, but because the writing is so fantastic, and Violet and Jay are so great to read about.


Synopsis from Goodreads:
Violet kept her morbid ability to sense dead bodies a secret from everyone except her family and her childhood-best-friend-turned-boyfriend, Jay Heaton. That is until forensic psychologist Sara Priest discovered Violet’s talent and invited her to use her gift to track down murderers. Now, as she works with an eclectic group of individuals—including mysterious and dangerously attractive Rafe—it’s Violet’s job to help those who have been murdered by bringing their killers to justice. When Violet discovers the body of a college girl killed by “the girlfriend collector” she is determined to solve the case. But now the serial killer is on the lookout for a new “relationship” and Violet may have caught his eye....





This is published by HarperCollins April 2012.

10 comments:

  1. Great pick! I have not read any books in this series but I really need too!

    check out my waiting on Wednesday!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-7-half-blood.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good! I love the cover! Yay another book blogger from the UK:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really looking forward to this one too. I love Violet and Jay - they are my favorite YA couple ever.

    Megan @Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to read the first two books in this series! The sad thing is that I own both and they just sit on the shelf and look pretty! This one sounds great!

    Jessi @ Reading in the Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the second WoW with this pick. I really need to read this series.

    Check out my WoW if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick. Can't wait to read this one! Love this series.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-32.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just recently finished reading The Body Finder and thought it was such a great book with a very unique concept-- I couldn't put it down! looking forward to reading the other 2 books in this series sometime in the future :D Thanks for sharing!

    You can see my WoW post for this week at the link below-- would love if you stopped by! Happy reading :)

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow... Thank you for bringing this to my attentiong :)

    ♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥
    Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?
    YA Paranormal Romance, Darkspell coming fall of 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still need to read Desires of The Dead, like soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed the first two books and I'm delighted to see the third will be available soon :)

    Cat

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva