Monday 24 October 2011

Maybe Books #1

My TBR list is so huge that I really really don't need any more added to it. I have so many books piled up at home that I still haven't read, and a wishlist a mile long. But I still can't resist browsing through the reviews on blogs, checking my recommendations on Amazon, and nosing on Goodreads to see what everyone else is reading. By doing this I usually find more books to add to the TBR.


Occasionally though I come across some books that I am intrigued by, and the blurb sounds okay, but a lot like many others that I've read that sound similar. I don't really know much more about the book but I may have seen it on a few people's In My Mailbox or Waiting On Wednesday posts, and I have noticed the book but I'm still not sure about it. These are my "Maybe" books. I feel like I need to see something more about it before I commit to wanting it. I need to see a few positive reviews of it, or for someone say that it is a fantastic book and worth my time to read it.

Do you have any "maybe" books, or do you do the same thing?

Here are some of my Maybes:
 



Dash And Lily's Book Of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
I don't read a lot of contemporary novels and I'm not too sure about this one. According to Goodreads it's about a "whirlwind romance" where 2 characters "trade dares, dreams, and desires in the notebook they pass back and forth at locations across New York".






Winter's Shadow by M.J Hearle
This has such a gorgeous cover, but I don't really know anything about it. Something about (according to Goodreads again) a boy with emerald eyes (why do they always have emerald eyes?!) who saves Winter's life "but Blake isn't all that he seems. There is a strangeness about him, something dark and otherworldly. Something dangerous". Hmmm- still not sure, it sounds so much like all the other teen paranormal romances out there at the moment.




Shadows by Amy Meredith. Book 1 in the Dark Touch series.
From Goodreads
"Fifteen-year-old Eve Evergold is cute, sassy and enjoying a busy social life. What she doesn't know yet is that someone close to her is an evil demon that only she has the supernatural power to defeat. She needs to work out who it is - and fast! Because although there's something very attractive about the dark side...dating a demon? Pure hell!"
Nope- still not sure.





Wildefire by Karsten Knight.
Troubled teen- transferred to new school- has secret strange abilities- discovers that some of the other students are gods and goddesses- new romance thrown into the story. That's the general idea that I get from the blurb, has anyone read it? Is it any good?





If you have written a review on any these books please tell me what you thought! Post a link to any reviews in the comments below to help me decide, and feed my addiction for new books to crave!

1 comment:

  1. I've only heard of the first and last books and even then I haven't read any reviews for them.

    I have a lot of maybe books, which I usually end up buying. Often they turn out to be much better than I expected, but every now and then I really don't enjoy them and that just makes me sad. I thin that I should have known my tastes better and left it :-/

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva