Thursday 20 October 2011

The Time Will Come #35

The Time Will Come is a weekly meme hosted by Jodie at Books For Company, where we can spotlight those books that we've had sitting on our shelves for too long. Books that we really want to read but never seem to get around to.


My Time Will Come pick this week is Maze Runner by James Dashner. This is sitting on the shelf at the library, and I've been meaning to read it for absolutely ages, (but I have way too many books out already!)
It is a dystopian sci-fi novel that has been recommended for fans of The Hunger Games.  It has been reviewed by bloggers whose tastes are similar to mine and whose opinion I trust, and I think it sounds really good. It's also published in the UK by The Chicken House and they always publish only the best books!


Synopsis from Goodreads:

When the doors of the lift crank open, the only thing Thomas remembers is his first name. But he's not alone. He's surrounded by boys who welcome him to the Glade - a walled encampment at the centre of a bizarre and terrible stone maze. Like Thomas, the Gladers don't know why or how they came to be there - or what's happened to the world outside. All they know is that every morning when the walls slide back, they will risk everything - even the Grievers, half-machine, half-animal horror that patrols its corridors, to find out.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The sequel Scorch Trials has also just come out, and I'm not sure how long the series is planned to be.
 
But anyway, I want to read it- (as always) one day maybe...

4 comments:

  1. I HAVE THOSE ONE, TOO! How good does it sound?! I'm so looking forward to reading it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I occasionally pick up a sci-fi but I'm a bit reluctant to read series. I'm never sure if I will follow the complete book series.

    Have a great day!

    Kero @ Kero's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I want to check this one out, too. It's one of the books that I think my boyfriend would enjoy as well, and will likely eventually be one of our He Said, She Said topics. :) (Yes, he is totally adorable and guest-posts with me once a month, which is awesome of him since he is not a huge reader.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that blurb really intrigued me!
    Look forward to your thoughts on this one =)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva