Sunday 27 November 2011

In My Mailbox 27th November 2011

In My Mailbox is a weekly event hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren where book bloggers can talk about the books they've gotten the past week- whether bought, borrowed, swapped or given for review. This feature was started to increase interaction between bloggers and to increase our awareness of all the new books coming out.

Bought:

  • Between by Cyndi Tefft (kindle edition). I've seen so many positive reviews on this book, I've finally caved in and bought it!


  • Exiled by M.R Merrick (kindle edition). This has been on my wishlist for ages, and I keep entering contests to win a copy and not had any luck. This week the author posted a one day only discount code, so I got it for a bargain! I have seen so many 5 star reviews of this book- can't wait to read it.


From the Library:


  • Angel Fire by L.A Weatherly.  Yes! Finally! This is the sequel to Angel which I absolutely loved, and it seems like it's taken forever for this book to come out! Definitely going to be reading this one next.


  • Muse by Rebecca Lim. This is book 3 in the Mercy series. I'm starting to like this series about an angel who jumps into random bodies to try to sort out a problem in their life. Part romance, part mystery and I'm intrigued to find out what happens next.


Audiobook:

  • Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta. This looks like an emotional read driven by the characters. A contemporary story about a girl whose mother suffers with depression. There are so many recommendations for this book and the sequel The Piper's Son.






For Review:
  • Cinder by Marissa Meyer. Ok- a futuristic cyborg Cinderella story? There was no way I was going to take a second glance at this, but I have since seen so many fantastic reviews on blogs that I'm way too intrigued not to read it now! Thanks fellow bloggers!
This is due to be published in January 2012. Thanks to Macmillan publishers and Netgalley for the review copy.





Those were the books I got this week- what did you get in your mailbox?
Happy reading!

12 comments:

  1. I wasn't a big fan of Angel but I am curious enough to want to know what happens next - you have to say what Angel Fire is like!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saving Francesca is AMAZING and I mean A-MAZING I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard some really good things about Cinder, I'm sure you'll enjoy it! :)

    My IMM post for this week

    Have a great weekend,
    Vicky @ Books, Biscuits & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't overly keen on Between, but I hope you enjoy it :)

    I really need to read Angle soon, it's been staring at me for ages

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eek! I love the cover for Cinder. I haven't read it yet, but my mom did and she LOVED it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow all of these look wonderful! I love the cover for Between!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo some great books this week, serious green eyes of jealousy over here! Don't forget Best of the Bunch on 30th, I can't wait to see what your pick of November is... x

    ReplyDelete
  8. W00T! :D Awesomeness!!! I'm so glad you got Exiled - you'll freaking POP after reading it :P No joking :P
    Cinder - OMG, isn't it beautiful?! I got it for review from Raincoast and can't wait to get started (right after the MEN in YA event, this one keeps me quite busy right now ;D aaah*sighs* all the fabulous men..:D)
    And Muse looks fab, too! Can't wait to see what you thought about it :D

    Awesome haul, chicky ;D Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier, you rock! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got cinder from net galley too, can't wait to start it, hope you enjoy it and your other books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, I'm jealous that your library has books like that! If our library had anything that recent I think I'd drop dead of shock!

    Cinder is supposed to be brilliant though; can't wait to read your review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saving Francesca is amazing. If you haven't read Melina Marchetta before you are in for a treat, and once you've begun you won't be able to stop.

    ~Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome Mailbox! I'm dying to read Cinder!! Lucky you!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva