Thursday 12 July 2012

From the Review Pile #8

This is a weekly meme hosted every Thursday by Stephanie at Stepping Out of the Page where we can showcase books that we have either bought, borrowed, or been given for review that we haven't gotten around to reading yet.




I got this book from Netgalley after the publication date, and I think it sounds awesome. It is about female spies and fighter pilots during the Second World War. History, intrigue, friendship, and tragedy. What more does a book need?!  I really hope to find time to read this... one day!




Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein


Goodreads:
I have two weeks. You’ll shoot me at the end no matter what I do.

That’s what you do to enemy agents. It’s what we do to enemy agents. But I look at all the dark and twisted roads ahead and cooperation is the easy way out. Possibly the only way out for a girl caught red-handed doing dirty work like mine — and I will do anything, anything, to avoid SS-Hauptsturmführer von Linden interrogating me again.

He has said that I can have as much paper as I need. All I have to do is cough up everything I can remember about the British War Effort. And I’m going to. But the story of how I came to be here starts with my friend Maddie. She is the pilot who flew me into France — an Allied Invasion of Two.

We are a sensational team.


Published February 2012 by Egmont



Has anyone read this one yet? What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. I'm afraid this book will be too real and too sad for me. I know everyone's raving about it, though. Hope you enjoy it when you get to it!

    Here's my Awhile on the Pile post. Happy Thursday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking of reading this one really soon. I hope you do too! :)

    Lisa @ Shatterbooks

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva