Sunday 5 August 2012

Showcase Sunday 5th August 2012

Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted every Sunday by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea, and inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox. This is a chance for all us book bloggers to showcase our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week.
It's a great way to see what new books are coming out, which books people are most excited for, and a great way for me to find new books to pine after, to find new blogs to follow, and new bloggers to squee over books with! 



I got a bunch of great new books this week- check 'em out!

Bought:

  • Always A Witch by Carolyn MacCullough. This is the sequel to Once a Witch which I enjoyed and I had completely forgotten that I had preordered this one ages ago- so it was a nice surprise.
  • Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. This was the best book I read last year- I utterly adored it. I borrowed it as part of UK Book Tours, but now it has finally come out in paperback and I'm thrilled to grab my own copy. When it arrived I started flicking through the pages, and it is even more beautifully written than I remember- just magical. Hopefully I'll find time to completely re-read it soon. 



  • The Maze Runner, The Scorch Trials, and Death Cure by James Dashner. I already have these on audiobook (haven't listened to them yet), but the Works bookshop had them in their 3 books for £5 sale, and I couldn't resist!
From the Library:

  • Taken By Storm by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. This is book 3 in the awesome werewolf series which started with Raised By Wolves. I'm looking forward to reading this one.


  • Fever by Lauren DeStefano. This is the sequel to Wither which I adored when I read it earlier this year. I NEED to make time to read this one soon. 



  • The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead. This is the sequel to Bloodlines- a spin off series from the Vampire Academy series. I always love anything by Richelle Mead, and this series is no exception. My review of Bloodlines should be up this week.



  • The Glimpse by Claire Merle. After seeing three or four 5 star reviews of this book within a week I went and ordered this book, but I now can't remember what it's actually about. A dystopian I think... 




Swapped:

  • The Element Encyclopedia of Magical Creatures. This is a whacking great hardbook textbook, that I got through ReadItSwapIt. I'm always fascinated by mythology though, so I'm really pleased with this one. 






Those were my book this week- can't wait to read them all! What books did you get this week?
Happy reading!


12 comments:

  1. Wow - what a great week - I don't know where to start!
    I keep meaning to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone but haven't got around to it just yet.
    The works is so dangerous with that special offer - and if you're on o2 there's a priority moment for an extra 10% off!
    I love Richelle Mead's writing - hope you love the Golden Lily!
    Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Works have the maze runner books in?
    :o must go in there this week

    Great books
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard a lot about The Daughter Of Smoke and Bone. What a great haul you have. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some great books there! I really need to read The daughter of smoke and bone. And I also can't wait to get my hands on Fever; I liked Wither.

    Happy reading! :D
    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/08/showcase-sunday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohhh... The Golden Lily! Awesome haul! :)

    Fara @ Tumbling In Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I love The Golden Lily and I really enjoyed The Maze Runner. I really need to get my hands on the rest of the trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul! You're so lucky to get FEVER--I just finished WITHER and I absolutely loved it, so I can't wait to hear what you think about the second book. :D And I've always wanted to read THE MAZE RUNNER. Looking forward to your opinions on that one, too!

    Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by my Showcase Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome haul! Fever looks amazing, I'm dying to get my hands on that one. Daughter of Smoke and Bone looks brilliant, yay on getting your own copy! :) The Maze Runner looks interesting, I keep meaning to have a look at that one. Happy reading! :)
    My SS:
    http://bookhi.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/showcase-sunday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Daughter of Smoke and Bone and can't wait to see what you think of it! Happy Reading! :D

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great haul. I have never heard of these books but they all look really good. Happy reading!

    My Showcase Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I loved The Golden Lily and Bloodlines! I hope you do too. I'm a little nervous to read The Maze Runner series. It seems really dark. Great haul Sally and thanks for stopping by The Readers Den.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic books Sally!! The Maze Runner has been on my wishlist for ages so I'll order a copy asap :) I adore this cover of Daughter of Smoke and Bone! I got the hardback edition a few months ago but I haven't had time to read it yet.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva