Wednesday 3 October 2012

Wishlist Wednesday #3

Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly book blog hop hosted by Dani at Pen to Paper where we will post about a book that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added, that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our bookshelves.



This is another one that has been on my wishlist for ages- but it's currently only published in the US so it is expensive to buy it here in the UK. I read that synopsis and I just love the idea of it though!

Glimmer by Pheobe Kitanidis
Goodreads

When Marshall King and Elyse Alton suddenly wake up tangled in each other's arms with zero memory of how they got there or even who they are, it's the start of a long journey through their separate pasts and shared future.

Terrified by their amnesia, Marshall and Elyse make a pact to work together to find the answers that could restore their missing memories. As they piece together clues about their lives, they discover that they're in the idyllic mountain resort town of Summer Falls. Everyone seems happy there, but as Marshall and Elyse quickly learn, darkness lurks beneath the town's perfect facade. Not only is the town haunted by sinister ghosts, but none of its living inhabitants retain bad memories of anything--not the death of Marshall's mom, not the hidden violence in Elyse's family, not even the day-to-day anguish of being a high schooler.

Lonely in this world of happy zombies, Marshall and Elyse fall into an intense relationship founded on their mutual quest for truth. But the secrets they're trying to uncover could be the death of this budding love affair--and of everyone, and everything, they love in Summer Falls.

Has anyone read it already?
What did you think?


9 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about this one! Nice pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a great zombieish book. i want to read this one too! here's my wishlist:
    http://andreaheltsleybooks.com/2012/10/03/wishlist-wednesday-14/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to read this one :)! And thanks for stopping by my WW!

    Janina
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Zombies eh.. sounds interesting this book. Good luck getting your hands on a copy, hope they will release in the UK soon.

    My WW http://mybookchest.blogspot.nl/2012/10/wishlist-cirkel.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not heard of this one before - hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been eying this book for a while, I have to get it myself soon :)

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  7. *adds to wishlist*
    Thanks for showing this to me :D

    Here is my Wishlist Wednesday
    Lauren @ Northern Plunder

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,
    New follower here! This sounds very interesting. A lot of books this week have some kind of memory loss in them haha. I have not read it but, will add it to my list! Great choice! Here's the link to mine: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2012/10/wishlist-wednesday-17.html
    Brittany @ Spare Time book blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Memory loss, ghosts, AND Stepford Wife-like townspeople? Fascinating.

    My WW: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/wishlist-wednesday-13.html

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva