Saturday 5 January 2013

Bout of Books 6.0

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon


Official Blurb
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 7th and runs through Sunday, January 13th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 6.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. -From the Bout of Books 6.0 team

I love these Bout of Books readathons because they are low pressure, and I can participate as much as I have time for. It's also a great opportunity to network with other bloggers, discover new blogs and just generally chat about books! I did end up winning a book in the last Bout of Books week as well. 

Here are my goals for the week, and I will update my progress here as well.

Reading Goals:

  1. To finish reading Deadly Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock
  2. To read Undeadly by Michele Vail
  3. To start reading Sacrifice by Cayla Kluver, and to be at least 50% through it by the end of the readathon.
  4. To listen to The Power of Nine on audiobook. 
I also want to visit and comment on a minimum of 3 blogs per day, and visit at least 7 Bout of Books wrap-up posts. 

My goals are fairly low because I'm working all week, but I think this is enough to be a challenge for me but is also a realistic goal. Who else is participating in this challenge? Good luck!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck this week! I have to work all week too, darn it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're totally right, I definitely think your goals are realistic, yet still challenging. Perfect balance! I'm so sad that I have to go back to school this week, but still am participating in this readathon. Anyways, I really enjoyed The Power of Nine and liked Undeadly. Both are super fast reads, which is always good for a readathon. ;)

    Good luck with your goals and happy reading Sally! <3

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great at keeping your goals realistic - sometimes it can be hard to do as much reading as we want when we are busy with work and other commitments. I've heard great things about Deadly Hemlock and want to read it - I hope you enjoy it :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cannot wait to hear your thoughts on Undeadly!
    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva