Wednesday 9 January 2013

Wishlist Wednesday #13

Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly book blog hop hosted by Dani at Pen to Paper where we will post about a book that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added, that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our bookshelves.



This is another new book that I'm already pining after. It sounds very thrilling and mysterious! There are very few YA contemporary thrillers, and this one has a serial killer and a small isolated town... (I might have to sleep with the lights on if I manage to get hold of this one!)



Shadow Lands by Kate Brian
Goodreads
Rory Miller had one chance to fight back and she took it. Rory survived… and the serial killer who attacked her escaped. Now that the infamous Steven Nell is on the loose, Rory must enter the witness protection with her father and sister, Darcy, leaving their friends and family without so much as a goodbye.

Starting over in a new town with only each other is unimaginable for Rory and Darcy. They were inseparable as children, but now they can barely stand each other. As the sisters settle in to Juniper Landing, a picturesque vacation island, it seems like their new home may be just the fresh start they need. They fall in with a group of beautiful, carefree teens and spend their days surfing, partying on the beach, and hiking into endless sunsets. But just as they’re starting to feel safe again, one of their new friends goes missing. Is it a coincidence? Or is the nightmare beginning all over again?

“He’s never failed to finish a job before. Only one other victim escaped from him, and two weeks later he broke into her house and killed her entire family.” 


Some reviews of this book-

Giselle at Xpresso Reads- 5 stars
Wanda at Good Choice Reading- 5 stars
Becca at OMFG!Books- 5 stars
Savannah at Books with Bite- 5 stars

Has anybody else read it yet? What did you think?

10 comments:

  1. I actually plan on buying this today! :) It sounds amazing and I can't wait to read it. Thanks for stopping by
    My WW!

    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this book and my review is going up tomorrow! It was SO GOOD! I read it in less than 24 hours. You should definitely go get this soon.

    Here's my Wishlist Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this book only recently but I'd love to have it, looks amazing.

    Enjoy!
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great - hope you get to read it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds really good! And what a great cover!

    Lisa
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read this! It's really good and very creepy :) Hope you get it!

    My WW: http://blueskyshelf.blogspot.com/2013/01/wishlist-wednesday-8_9.html?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm dying to read this one. Haha! Get it? Dying? ... Anyways, I hope you enjoy it once you do get it.

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2013/01/wishlist-wednesday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh it sounds really good! Sounds mysterious and looks like it's going to have full of suspense. Nice pick! Thanks for reading my WW!
    -
    Leigh
    Little Book Star

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cover and have read some really good reviews but haven't got a copy myself yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eeep I loved this book it's a fantastic mind-f*ck!! Thanks for the mention, love!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva