Saturday 23 February 2013

Blogger interview with Kailia from Reading the Best of the Best

As part of the awesome book blogger Love-a-thon hosted by Alexa and Katelyn, I have been asked to swap interviews with fellow book blogger Kailia, who blogs over at Reading the Best of the Best

I love Kailia's blog because it is fresh, unique, and intelligent. She posts a wide variety of excellent discussion topics as well as book reviews, and I highly recommend you go check it out. 


Hi Kailia- would you like to tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog?
Hi all! My name is Kailia and I'm an 18 year old blogger at Reading the Best of the Best! I currently live in a small town in the south but I'm a city girl at heart! I started blogging because I loved books and I wanted to talk about them! 

How long have you been blogging for?
Since 2009 which is SUPER crazy to think! I actually didn't get into blogging before two years ago! Before than, it was just kind of here! 

What's been your best experience of blogging so far?
Meeting all sorts of people online and all of the books I've been introduced to because of blogging! I actually went to YallFest last November but had it not been for blogging, I would have NEVER heard about it! 

Do you have any particularly great blogging pals, that you feel closer to than others? Which are your favourite book blogs? 
I have blogging friends I talk to, mostly on Twitter. I love Keertana from Ivy Book Bindings and Ishita from The Reading Fish is fantastic! Katie of Katie's Book Blog is one of bloggers who has always been so sweet to me! I love all the blogs I mentioned but I also love reading The Perpetual Page Turner and Good Books and Good Wine

Roughly how many books do you read each month?
About 12 ish when I actually try. I'm still in high school and the last year has been full of tests and college prep which is SO time consuming! 

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks, hardbacks or audiobooks?
I have now tried to hear about 10 book on audiobook and have finished none so I personally don't like audiobooks. I LOVE a good paperback but hardbacks are nice too. If I have a series in all paperback then all of the books have to be in paperback and the same with hardbacks. I like ebooks because I have two e-readers so I can always store them on there! My shelves are very full! 

Is there an author that you would really like to meet?
SO MANY! The one I know will never happen: J.K. Rowling. She's my idol. I'd also love to meet Kristin Cashore. Her books are some of my favorites! 

Have you ever read a book that you would like to rewrite the ending of? Why?
The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray. Karthik turns into a tree. A TREE. I would change it so you know, HE DOES NOT TURN INTO A TREE. 
(OMG- I completely agree with you about that- I hated that ending!)

Quickfire questions
What is your favourite-

Food? Pizza. I know. But I LOVE pizza! 
Electronic gadget? my iPad! 
TV show? As of right now, Doctor Who
Book? (Hahahaha!) Any of the Harry Potters. Or Graceling. Or Anna and the French Kiss. 
Book crush? WHAT IS THIS?! Um. A lot of them? Po. Etienne. Peeta. 


-------------------------------
Find Kailia online

Goodreads 
Twitter

------------------------------------------------------------
The Book Blogger Love-a-Thon is an entire day dedicated to spreading the love among blogs in the book blogging community. Throughout the day, you'll spend time leaving comments on blog posts, discovering new blogs to love,  tweeting and posting about old favorites to share your thanks and promoting some of the awesome blogs that you follow!


For more interviews, mini-challenges, and giveaways- stop by the Book Blogger Love-a-Thon page (clicky link above)

1 comment:

  1. Kailia you are beyond cool..anyone who says Doctor Who is there favorite tv show is destine for greatness! I am off to check out your fab blog and look forward to getting to know you! Awesome review Sally you asked some new and refreshing questions!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva