Sunday 24 March 2013

Sunday Post 24th March 2013

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It's a chance to share news~ to recap the past week on the blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.








Bought:


  • Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare (Infernal Devices, book 3). Finally! The concluding part to one of the best YA series out at the moment- I'm so excited about this book!







  • With All My Soul by Rachel Vincent (Soul Screamers, book 7). Another one of my absolute favourite series.






From the library:

  • Fuse by Julianna Baggott (Pure, book 2). Uh oh- it's big! As always the grass is always greener- I prefer the US cover to this. 








On audiobook:

  • The Friday Society by Adrienne Kress. This has been high on my wishlist for months but was too expensive in hardback. I love the sound of this steampunk/ mystery with kick-ass girls!




For review:

  • Icons by Margaret Stohl (the co-author of the Beautiful Creatures series). This is a sci-fi/ dystopian novel due to be published in May 2013. Thanks to Harper Collins UK and Netgalley for the review copy. 












I am still in mid-house-move Hell so I haven't been around as much to write anything- but I have been taking part in the month long "Take Control of your TBR Pile Challenge". My goal was to read at least 8 books from my shelf this March, and so far I am 5 books down!

5 / 8

How about you? Get any good books this week?

11 comments:

  1. I need to get my hands on Fuse as well - I loved the first book. I really should start reading the Soul Screamers series as well...I have all the books but just not read them! Methinks a summer reading project is born...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Icons looks really good! Clockwork Princess was phenomenal! Hope you enjoy your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Clockwork Princess... Looking forward to seeing what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover for Icons, but since I wasn't a fan of Beautiful Creatures I'm not sure if I'll be picking it up. I enjoyed the first Soul Screamer book, and really need to pick up the rest at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sooo looking forward to the Clockwork Princess. Enjoy your haul. Have a great day.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished Clockwork Princess at like midnight last night! I'm dying to talk to someone about it!!!! Hope you enjoy!

    Check out my SP & STS.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still gotta finish TMI series lol. Everyone's been freaking out on twitter about the ending of CP. I'm so curious now. Enjoy! My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Friday Society looks good! It's not one I'd heard of but will have to look it up. Kickass girls on the cover suggests good things! :-) Happy reading and have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Friday Society looks good. I remember seeing the book a while ago. :)

    Hope you enjoy all your new reads when you get to them. :)

    I have a Sunday Post up this week too, if you'd like to stop by...
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/03/sunday-post-4.html?showComment=1364173793146#c4970360393493176322

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva