Monday 30 June 2014

Best of the Bunch June 2014

Best of the Bunch is a book blog hop hosted here on the last day of each month, where we can look back over the books we have read over this past month and give a Best of the Bunch award to our favourite book of that month.

I always put up my post on the last day of the month, but remember, you can add your link in anytime in the following month.


June 2014

This month I set myself a challenge to read at least 9 books, publish at least two book reviews, and write at least one "fun" post. I did manage some of these things...


This month I have read-


  • Blood Prophecy by Alyxandra Harvey (Drake Chronicles, book 6)- 4 of 5 stars
  • A Breath of Frost by Alyxandra Harvey- 3 of 5 stars
  • Smoulder by Brenna Yovanoff- 2.5 of 5 stars
  • Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, book 3)- 5 of 5 stars
  • All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill- 5 of 5 stars
  • Take Me On by Katie McGarry (Pushing the Limits, book 4)- 5 of 5 stars
I also published two book reviews-

I want to say that I almost read 9 books this month because I am currently reading 3 books at once as usual, and am nearly at the end of all of them but... excuses, excuses!! I will set myself the exact same challenge again for July- and hopefully I will surpass all my goals this time round! 

But anyway, the winner of Best of the Bunch June 2014 is...



...drumroll...



...Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor!






Dreams of Gods and Monsters  by Laini Taylor
Goodreads


By way of a staggering deception, Karou has taken control of the chimaera rebellion and is intent on steering its course away from dead-end vengeance. The future rests on her, if there can even be a future for the chimaera in war-ravaged Eretz.

Common enemy, common cause.

When Jael's brutal seraph army trespasses into the human world, the unthinkable becomes essential, and Karou and Akiva must ally their enemy armies against the threat. It is a twisted version of their long-ago dream, and they begin to hope that it might forge a way forward for their people.

And, perhaps, for themselves. Toward a new way of living, and maybe even love.

But there are bigger threats than Jael in the offing. A vicious queen is hunting Akiva, and, in the skies of Eretz ... something is happening. Massive stains are spreading like bruises from horizon to horizon; the great winged stormhunters are gathering as if summoned, ceaselessly circling, and a deep sense of wrong pervades the world.

What power can bruise the sky?

From the streets of Rome to the caves of the Kirin and beyond, humans, chimaera and seraphim will fight, strive, love, and die in an epic theater that transcends good and evil, right and wrong, friend and enemy. 

At the very barriers of space and time, what do gods and monsters dream of? And does anything else matter?
Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide


I have never been disappointed by a single one of Laini Taylor's books. Magical, powerful, beautiful, emotional and jaw-droppingly good- I feel devastated that the series has ended and there won't be any more from this incredible world, and these characters that have stolen my heart and mind. I want Eretz to be real! If you haven't read it yet I hightly recommend this series. I will probably re-read it again soon, because the writing is just so beautiful. 

I was so excited to read this one and it in no way let me down. 

Well that was my pick of the bunch for this month, but who gets your bananas? Let me know in the linky below and I will come and check it out. 

3 comments:

  1. I loooooooooooove The Drake Chronicles by Alyxandra Harvey. I'm a really huge fan of both the series and author but I still haven't read Blood Prophecy. Also haven't read A Breath of Frost yet. Shame on me!

    Dreams of Gods and Monsters sounds really good. I've only read the first book in that series and really liked it. I need to get my hands on the second book! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on having a solid reading month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! I didn't realize that the linky auto-entry said Angelfall - sorry about that!

    Sounds like you had lots of good reads this month. I loved All Our Yesterdays! I haven't read Daughter of Smoke and Bone yet - I really want to read this series - and I just got Pushing the Limits from the library. I'm even more excited to read it now!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva